Devenish Law has a particular passion for working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders born out of Stephen Devenish’s long professional association with the Torres Strait and Cape York.
This association has given us a small insight into the rich and complex indigenous culture and how that interacts with the practice of law in this area:
- Enterprise structures including Aboriginal Corporations
- Indigenous Land Use Agreements
- Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) Applications
- Rule Book/Constitution drafting, review and amendment
- Governance issues
- Meeting Procedure including meeting notices
- Rule Book/Constitution interpretation
- Advice as to legal compliance requirements
- Assisting with dealings with government and agencies including IBA, ILC and ORIC
- Conflict of interest issues for directors
- Establishing indigenous businesses
- Drafting contracts for indigenous businesses
Contact us to arrange a consultation.