We specialise in the provision of legal services to Indigenous Regional and Shire Councils. We have significant experience working with clients in remote areas and have travelled extensively throughout the Torres Strait and Cape York servicing our clients in this area of law.
We have been appointed by Local Buy (a subsidiary of the Local Government Association of Queensland) to the register of pre-qualified suppliers of legal services to Queensland Local Government under contract BUS 235-0113.
In particular we can assist our local government clients with the following services:
- General litigation
- Debt recovery
- Administrative law and governance
- Preparation of local laws
- Advice on legislative obligations
- Contract review and preparation
- Asset acquisition and divestment
- Leasing and land tenure (including DOGIT)
- Property law and commercial law advice
Contact us to arrange a consultation.