Whether you are a committee for a Body Corporate, a lot owner, developer or a body corporate manager, we can help you. We have a deep understanding of the issues you face and a proven record of finding innovative solutions to complex issues.
Strata law is complex and ever changing. Shane helps her clients smoothly navigate these complexities using the experience and knowledge gained from practicing exclusively in body corporate and strata title law for over a decade.
Shane is passionate about education in the industry, has been recognised by Strata Community Australia as a Queensland trainer and regularly presents information seminars to stakeholders in the industry. Shane was elected to the Board of Directors of Strata Community Australia (Qld) in October 2021 which is a reflection of her years of dedication to the industry both locally and across the State and of her passion for her practice area of body corporate and community management law. Shane also sits on the SCA National Professional Standards and Membership Board Advisory Group.
If you find yourself involved in a dispute we can help with that too. Click here for more details.
Please scroll down for full details of our services. Please contact us to discuss how you can benefit from our knowledge and experience.
- Advice on Body Corporate and Community Management Act and Regulations (modules)
- By-law reviews and updates
- By-law interpretation
- Community Management Statements interpretation and advice
- Leasing common property
- Dealings with common property: sale, licencing, exclusive use, encroachments
- By-law enforcement
- Committee meeting procedure
- Preparing notice of meeting and motions
- Debt recovery (levies, penalties, recovery costs)
- Advice on interpretation of Caretaking Agreements and Letting Agent Authorisations
- Dispute resolution
- Lot entitlements
- New Community Management Statements
- Insurance and liability of body corporates, committees and lot owners
- Building Management Statements
- Advice in relation to layered schemes
- Advice in relation to construction issues including claims against builders and developers
- Advice in relation to the review of Caretaker’s remuneration and duties schedules
- Recommendation of appropriate body corporate structures
- Restructure of community titles schemes including extinguishment, amalgamation and creation of layered schemes